(It's actually also because I have an overwhelming lot of clothes! =x)
They are very generous to throw in some cute little stickers as freebies as well. Greatly appreciated! :)
Was invited to take up this offered sponsorship by Ambroxial.com and to choose an item from their online shop. Being a make up fanatic, I chose cosmetics over apparels naturally.
(It's actually also because I have an overwhelming lot of clothes! =x)
They are very generous to throw in some cute little stickers as freebies as well. Greatly appreciated! :)
Read more on my reviews on BlogshopBuzz here! :)
Are you tired of mundane colours for eyeshadows and looking to venture and explore with louder, bolder and more vibrant colours?
Well you're in luck!
Do stay tuned for the upcoming make up tutorials and shares on where to get high quality ones yet maintaining its affordability!!!
Also, I will be sharing on tips when choosing eyeshadows! :)
Here's some sneak peaks for you! :D
They say "eyes are the windows to our soul" and more often than not, eye make up can change your whole appearance. Next to other than body parts that are accentuated with curves, men do pay attention to women's eyes as well They can speak volume, especially with the help of make up.
Apart from wearing contact lenses that provide big-eye effects and eye shadows, one of the fundamental eye make up would be the eyeliner. Some girls just can't leave home without eyeliner and here's why.
Notice how the effects of eyeliner help to enhance the appearance of the eyes? Eyeliners help to create a more deep-set looking pair of eyes.
If you are just starting out with eyeliners, try using pencil/crayon-like type of eyeliners. You would need to first master the curves on your eyelids as well as your eye shape and probably need to get used to applying make up on your eyes before you can advance on.
Once you can the hang of it, you may wish to try out a more challenging task - that is to create the cat's eye effects!
Forget about eyeshadows, these cat eye effects would perfect the look!
Famous for her sexy pouty lips, Angelina Jolie does make effort on her eye make up as well to punch in more oomph into her sexiness. She has applied a line layer of eyeliner on her eyelids and winged it out towards the end. This is the basic looking cat eye effects that help to attract the limelight without stealing the focus on her lips. This belongs to the milder version of the cat eye effects.
Of course, depending on the choice of look and event, you may also wish to go bold with a dramatic look with cat eye effects by using ultra black eyeliners and thickening the lines drawn, especially on the side of the eyes, just like the signature look of the late Amy Winehouse.
If you are facing some difficulties perfecting that flick, here are some useful tips which you may consider trying out :
1. Using a cotton swab with a bit of lotion in an upward and outward motion from underneath the line will get you the sharp, cat-eye finish
2. Another useful trick is to use a piece of paper or if it's too flimsy, use a name card instead. Similarly, you may also use this trick for the application of mascara on your lower lashes, preventing any stains. When placing the card on your face, position it at a 45 degree slant.
3. If holding the paper/name card on one hand and applying eyeliner on the other is too much of a hassle, try considering sticking tapes at the side of your eyes. This would provide you with ample assistance with the use of both hands when drawing the eyeliner. Also, remember the 45 degree rule.
4. Bearing in mind that point 2 and 3 would create a straight V-look like Amy Winehouse's cat eye effects, some ladies would prefer a more natural look by curving out the flick instead. These curves can mesmerise men as well, providing a more sulty and flirty look.
5. You need to balance out the level of the flicks on both eyes and this can be tricky. Besides pasting sticky tapes onto your face, you may also stick the tape horizontally on your mirror of sufficient length for the width of your face, reaching one end of the eye to another. You then position the reflection of your face above the sticker tape so that the start of the extensions with either the straight V-look or the curve effects are on the same level as each other.
6. After you've got the start of the extensions settled, the other challenge would be to balance the ends of the eyeliner. Now, this can be rather tricky as well but having a mark which indicates the level you should try until would help as well. Don't immediately remove the sticker tape on your mirror once you are done. Position yourself at the lower bottom of the sticker tape so that the tape is now positioned above your eye. Balance it out by adjusting your height according to the side that is completed with the eyeliner.
7. If you are using pencil/crayon-like eyeliners, be sure to sharpen them before drawing. This is especially important because the ends of the cat eye effects should gradually decrease in thickness ending with sharp edges. Drawing with blunt eyeliners will not create the cat eye effects as the ends would be rounded instead of sharp.
8. Do not use both pencil and liquid eyeliners or pencil and gel-like eyeliners together as the stark difference will be obvious, although it would be easier to draw the extensions at the ends with a liquid eyeliner. So stick only to one.
9. If you have not mastered the sharp edges yet, don't fret. Instead, your dark grey eye shadows can now come in handy, creating the smoking eye effect. Since you will need to blend at the ends of the eyes, it would not be obvious if your ends are not perfectly sharp.10. To create the full cat eye effect, you would need to apply multiple coats of black mascara, especially paying attention to the longest lashes at the outer corners of your eyes for a super sultry look that is truly the cat’s meow.
And don't just stick to the boring usual black eyeliners, go different, dramatic and adventurous with glitters and colours!
Have fun exploring and perfecting that flick! And remember, perfection is all about practice!
There are too many terminologies to remember for foundation and powders and many ladies, like myself, often get ourselves confused.
Let me clear the air once and for all.
Foundations are meant for coverage purposes and this includes BB Cream and Liquid foundations.
Compact/pressed powders are meant for light coverage or touch up purposes.
Another term which we might have come across would be a 2-way cake foundation. This can be used on damp face or applying with a damped sponge.
For me, I have been using compact powders ever since I'd started on make up, but there was once which I had tried using liquid foundation and thus, would like to share my experience with you.
If I recall correctly, my first and LAST liquid foundation was from Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation. It's not that this product is lousy or anything, but I would like to indulge on the fact that I would prefer compact powders over liquid foundation any time, anywhere.
I had used Maybelline's compact powder and have since switched over to Chanel's compact powder after I was given a generous amount of sample kits by a friend who works at Chanel :)
For the comparison between these 2 brands, you may wish to read it here :)
Reasons why I prefer compact powders over liquid foundation :
1. As mentioned, although liquid foundation provides a better and greater coverage, as I do not require such heavy make up, light coverage powders work well for me. I do not have any serious blemishes or scars to cover up so compact powders are fine. But let's say if I do have an annoying pimple that pops up over the night, I would use a concealer to gently pat over them and try to conceal them as much as possible, after which, I would gentle pat my compact powder over so that it does not seem all too obvious. I'm using the Loreal True Match Concealer :)
2. The main reason for choosing compact powders is because lesser hassles are involved. Although I'd prefer using my fingers over sponges so that I can have a better control of application, it is actually too messy. Your fingers get dirty and if you have long nails like mine, the liquid foundation gets stuck inside your nails and you would have a hard time digging and washing them off. Using a sponge is so much easier. But for concealers, I do dab on the targetted spot using the tip of the fingernails. I guess that would be difficult when applying liquid foundations.
3. I cringe at ladies who apply heavy make up. Remember, make ups are meant to enhance your features and as for foundations, they are not meant to look as if you had just whitewashed your face (wrong shade) or painted your face. One trick to find out if the shade if right for you, is to snap a picture with flash of your whole body. Compare the shades of your body and face. If you happen to see a paler shade on your face, then you've got it all wrong. I've seen many ladies with this problem and it's just not flattering at all. Too much of anything is just wrong. Guys, as I know, do not like girls who apply such heavy make up and some of them (including ladies) have jokingly said that if girls with thick make up on gets slapped, their foundation would crack into pieces and just fall off to the ground. I know, it sounds kinda uncouth and insulting, but they do have a point there. Furthermore, do you wish to kiss a cheek filled with lots of foundation and make up? I don't think so.
4. Setting the right base on your face before applying liquid foundation can be troublesome as well. Personally, I don't use a primer but I do moisturise my face before applying the compact powder. I would leave the moisturiser on for about 5 mins before I apply the powder to preventing it from caking and layering, which is a very ugly sight I tell you. As primers/moisturisers are liquid base, applying another liquid over it can be tricky. You might have to wait longer for the primers/moisturisers to set before you can start applying the liquid foundation. Not a good idea if you are in a rush, especially when you are rushing for work in the morning. And once it cakes, it would be very difficult to set it right again and you would most probably have to remove it and apply everything all over again.
5. You need not touch up with another cosmetics if you are using compact powder. You can just touch it up on the go and that's one thing less to carry in your make up pouch. If you are using liquid foundation, you would need to set it after it dries for a matte finishing. Extra step, extra costs, extra chemicals on your face, extra difficult to remove it thoroughly.
6. As you may have noticed, the Chanel powder comes with a brush, which I have not used before. I've not experiment using brush for foundation application though and still prefers using sponge. But for liquid foundation, you can't use a brush although you may want to consider using a sponge but most ladies, use their fingers to apply.
7. Since liquid foundation is more difficult to remove, you may have to remove them twice in total. If it's not removed thoroughly and properly, expect to see those unfriendly zits popping out the next few days. I do not believe when foundations/powders are claimed that they do not clog the pores, especially when you have open pores, it's easier to enter and clog them. The only method is to ensure you do remove your make up and remove them thoroughly and then cleanse your face after that as well.
8. The only hassle which both liquid foundations and compact powders face together is the touching up, especially if you have combination skin like mine with oily T-zone. You can try getting those suitable for combination skin, but I'm sure more or less, there bound to be secretion of oil at the T-zone and constant touching up is a must. This is especially so when you are out of an air-conditioned room, or even when you are in it!
So ladies, I hope you find these information useful when deciding between liquid foundations and compact powders. If you do not require heavy coverage, I would encourage you to go for compact powder instead. Please do not use loose powder for coverage as they are meant to touch up and set the liquid foundations to a matter finishing.
Thanks for reading babes! :)
As ladies, we do know the importance of beauty and vanity. However, beauty is not just about stacking and piling tonnes and tonnes of make up on your face, which may result in repercussions, doing more harm than benefiting your skin and eventually, beauty.
Beauty begins with simple skin care tips that you should pay attention to and beauty also refers to natural beauty. Of course, it would be difficult to search for a lady with 100% flawless skin, but that does not mean it is impossible to work towards that.
Always remember that cosmetics can only do so much and if you don't wish to scare the hell outta people after removing your make up, or if you are ashamed to remove your make up and go bare faced in public, it simply means that you are acknowledging your skin problems. Why not then target these problematic areas by developing good skin care habits? They are not difficult to nurture and do not require deep pockets. Just really simple steps which can go a long way!
Credits : slimvision.net
Here are some useful great tips you should try!
1. 3 basic skin care steps - Cleanse, Apply Toner and Moisturise on your face
Need I say more? This should already be at your fingertips!
You may wish to read my reviews on Kose Supreme Sekkisei and Laniege where I've shared some of the reviews as well as info on these 3-step basic skin care tips!
You may not frequent facials or may not slap on sheet masks every now and then, BUT THESE 3-STEP SKIN CARE ARE RULES OF SKIN LAW (if there's ever such a thing) and YOU MUST DEFINITELY FOLLOW! If you are guilty of otherwise, knock your head 3 times!
2. Facial Treatments
Now, these are not compulsory and essential compared to point 1, but it is highly encourageable! You need to pamper your skin every now and then apart from the fundamentals. Personally, I believe frequenting beauty salons for facials and what more if you fall into the trap of sales talk and gimmicks, causing you to sign up lots of expensive packages, are not compulsory. Putting things into perspective, look at things this way, if you take good care of your skin, you need not burn huge holes in your pockets, right? Well, that is apart from serious skin problems caused naturally/genetics or severe acne problems etc. Plus, results might not be immediate after attending facials or sometimes, they are just pure useless.
I've rarely, if not, hardly stepped into beauty salons for facials and have always been using sheet/clay/wash off masks at the comfort of my own home. Well, you may say that these masks are not as effective as those potent ingredients beauty salons can offer, but you can't deny that certain masks do work! Read my beauty reviews and you will know! :)
If sheet masks are not your cuppa tea, you may try to DIY masks using natural food ingredients. There are many websites which offer natural remedies, just google it and you will know! But my advice is, to conduct extensive researches (forums,blogs,beauty consultants etc) on these DIY steps before applying anything on your face and take them with a pinch of salt. You have to be extra careful on whatever you are putting on your face.
Credits : beautyismyduty.com
3. Beauty is only skin deep
I don't mean "Don't judge its book by its cover", but that you may look gorgeous after piling up on your make up, but after removing them, you scare yourself sometimes too!
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.
And I truly believe that. I'm not a fan of fruits but yes, I hate to admit that they do benefit your skin, apart from other health benefits.
Fruits which you may wish to try :
a. Kiwi and Pomegranate: Kiwi helps to ensure healthy, clear, beautiful skin by preventing wrinkles and blemishes. Pomegranates which are filled with antioxidants helps to fight against free radicals, control acne as well prevents wrinkles.
b. It is rich in iron, magnesium and potassium and contains lots of vitamin A, B and E and hence works as an anti-aging agent. Furthermore, bananas contain natural fats and complex proteins to smooth and soften your skin For DIY masks, you may wish to try mashing banana as facial!
c. Lemon, berries, oranges : Such citrus fruits contain high dosage of vitamin C as well as antioxidants which help to clarify and rejuvenate your skin. Oranges are also known to slow down ageing process. Those who are obsessed with skin whitening, lemons will do the work for you!
d. Apples are rich in pectin which is a starch that is essential in preventing unsightly acne from popping!
e. of papaya on your skin and wait for the miracle to happen!
f. vitamin-A and rich antioxidants, it fights against skin aging, regenerates skin cells and restores the elasticity of skin.
g. Tomatoes : Aids in skin whitening, tomatoes contain lycopene which helps to protect your skin from free radicals and boosts your skin's natural sun protection factor (SPF). Also, the vitamins and minerals found in tomatoes clarify you skin and prevent blemishes!
Foods which you may wish to try :
a. Whole wheat : Another ingredient in some foods that is really good for your skin is selenium. This is found in whole wheat cereals, breads and baked goods. It helps to improve the skin at a cellular level and keeps you looking young and beautiful.
b. Salmon : along with other fatty fish, walnuts and flaxseed, is high in healthy fatty acids that are key for achieving healthy skin. Essential fatty acids such as omega-3s help keep cell membranes healthy by keeping out harmful substances as well as allowing nutrients to enter cells and exit with waste products. Omega-3s also reduce the body's production of inflammatory agents that can damage the skin.
c. Carrots : They are an excellent source of vitamin A, which is a required nutrient for healthy skin. They also contain high levels of antioxidants, which prevent free radical damage of skin cells. Vitamin A is required for developing and maintaining skin cells, and a deficiency of the vitamin can cause dry skin.
You should also :
a. Hydrate yourself with plenty of water : at least your individual minimum intake -- will help keep your skin young and healthy-looking. Water in caffeinated or sugary beverages does not count; water intake must be from pure, clean water, which rejuvenates skin cells. Water both hydrates cells and helps them move toxins out and nutrients in.
b. Drink Green Tea : Besides the other health benefits which green tea offers, it is rich in antioxidants that reduces inflammation and protect cell membranes. It has been proven to reduce the damage of sunburns and overexposure to ultraviolet light, which in turn reduces the risk of skin cancer. Green tea is also high in polyphenols -- compounds that eliminate cancer-causing free radicals. Some believe that drinking green tea helps to lose weight too!
4. Detox every once/twice a month by eating only fruits and drinking water the whole day to keep your skin healthy and to wash out those toxins. It aids in constipation as fruits and water works hand in hand to soften the stools.
5. Applying sunblock : Whether or not you are a fan of fair skin, preventing sun and uv rays from damaging your skin should apply across the board. Plus, uv rays cause acne scars to darken as well. Click here to read on how to choose the right sunscreen.
6. Try indulging in a long, relaxing shower or bath at least once a week. This helps to soothe the skin as well as a form of destressing method. Lesser stress, lesser acnes!
7. Exfoliate : And I don't mean just your facial skin. Try exfoliating your whole body skin as well to remove dead skin cells, leaving your skin smoother, more supple and fairer! Also, since we are encouraged to exfoliate our face before applying any mask as it helps to open up pores, logically, exfoliating the body skin would assist in the absorption of body moisturisers!
8. If you're a make up fan and can't leave without concealing, remember to change your foundation sponge regularly if you are a compact powder user. A dirty sponge not only result in uneven application of the powder, it may also increase the chances of you contracting acnes as bacteria gets built up in it!
9. Remove all make up thoroughly at the end of the day. I'm quite sure most of us are guilty for not following this rule of skin law, at least once in our entire lifetime. I too, am guilt-stricken purely out of laziness, but have since avoided such bad habit and will still force myself to quickly remove my make up before I head to bed. Make up clogs pores through impurities which would result in a breakout. You may read my reviews on makeup removers!
10. Of course, good skin care is also a matter of healthy lifestyle choices as beauty is only skin deep. Smoking does a lot of damage on the body including the skin—not only does it contribute to premature aging and wrinkles, it is also the leading cause of more serious health risks like emphysema or lung cancer. The right way to protect the skin in this situation is to simply give up the habit. People have to keep in mind that what they do on the outside affects underlying conditions in the body. This is also why a balanced diet rich in fibre, lean protein, good fats, vitamins and minerals also promotes healthy young-looking skin. Stress affects a person’s peace of mind and makes the skin vulnerable to skin problems like acne breakouts. Managing stress can help a person not only feel good, but look good.
I hope you babes will find these tips useful in achieving your perfect flawless skin!
As the saying goes, "There is no ugly women only lazy ones!"
First row (left to right) :
HOLY GRAIL ITEMS ARE A MUST-TRY AND MUST-HAVE!!!
Here are some of my essentials I bring along with me wherever I go :
First row (left to right) :
Feel free to share what's in your make up pouch and essentials which you can't leave home without! :D
Purchased my first Bellabox! It's going for $19.90 per box/mth now.
For those who have no idea on this, Bellabox mails out beauty products in a box every month to your doorstep, with a monthly subscription of $19.90. You may wish to opt for 3-month subscriptions and so on.
It's really a box full of surprises - which, well, can go both ways (good or bad)...
Below are what was given. I was told that they cater to your personal preferences and needs as their website do keep a record of your skin problems as well as interests.
However, I'm quite doubtful because so far, I've seen only 1 box that has 1 different item compared to mine as well as many other bloggers. Google and you will know.
But anyways, here they are.
Pretty outer packing
Sturdy box the loots came in. Simple and classic.
Sorry for the blurred picture. Love the bright fuchsia tracing paper and BB's own sticker!
The BEST loots of them all thus far :) Feel that only these are worth the $19.90.
I HATE THIS PERFUME! OH GOD IT STINKS LIKE HELL!
Doubt I will be using this BB Cream. I don't use BB cream anyway.
And doubt this little thing is gonna help in removing white heads and black heads. You are still required to squeeze them out after that which is bad because it enlarges your pores even further. What a vicious cycle.
There is actually some twistband for hair tie which I'd thought it was rather useless? As well as BB's own lipstick shape pen... -.-
I've read and googled on the other monthly Bellaboxes and am so upset that my first subscription is a huge disappointment. And I do mean HUGE!!! So many useless stuffs with those brochures etc. UGH.
There were other loots in other months such as Essential conditioner and hair shampoo, Biotherm lotions, Sally Hansen nail care products, OPI products, Elizabeth Arden, Ralph Lauren perfume (!!!), Lancome, Kiehls... Well you get the drift.
It simply just means that the July one sucked and of course, I'm not the only one saying this. There were many other reviews that reflected subscribers' disappointment.
It's really not value for money. Maybe I'm just pure unlucky. I might just try for August's edition again, if well, my piggy bank permits although $19.90 isn't a huge sum of money, but I've been overspending... as usual =P
I'm still waiting for my VanityTrove August edition.... Actually, I've read lots of complaints on slow response and late deliveries. And true enough, Aug's edition will only be mailed out 27th July onwards and I paid on 2nd July (had them clarified that 2nd July's payment is for Aug Trove. July's Trove is closed on the 14th of June. 15th June onwards payment is for the following month's trove.)
Apparently, delivery of the Aug trove will have a slight delay as one of the products have just arrived...
Bad 1st impression.
Seriously, am I just pure unlucky or what?!